Our Church History
"On the Day of the Lord, July 9, 1899, Rev. Dornblaser, held the first service in the afternoon at the Music Hall on the second floor, of the Foulke Block at corner of Paint and Main Streets. In the evening, the first real service was held with 23 present and an offering of $1.11."
Sunday School Picnic 1902
"Sharing God's Grace"
In the spring of 1899, Edward J. Herrnstein, then of Cincinnati, invited Reverends S.G. Domblaser of Columbus and Herbert J. Weaver of Troy, members of the" Advisory Home Mission Committee (HMC) of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Miami, to visit Chillicothe and learn whether there was a good opening for an English speaking Lutheran Church." It is from their vision and action that began the roots of Calvary Lutheran Church!
live among God’s faithful people
hear the word of God and
share in the Lord’s supper
proclaim the good news of God in Christ in word and deed
serve all people following the example of Jesus
strive for justice and peace in all the earth
care for others and the world that God made